The Sony FCBEX15EP is a 12x block camera with superb picture quality and features you've come to expect from the FCB camera line-up, such as digital output, color enhancement and sodium vapor lamp mode.
Sony FCB-EX15EP HIGHLIGHTS: * True Progressive Scan: Ideally suited for IP-ready monitoring applications, the Sony FCB-EX15EP/FCB-EX15E cameras adopt a Progressive Scan mode to provide smooth and clear images without interlace artifact effects when viewing details in a moving image (i.e., license plate of moving vehicles, a person running). All the processing is done by the PS from the CCD readout, signal to processing to video output.
* Digital Output (ITU-R BT656): By using the digital interface, the quality of the camera video signal is maintained with minimal deterioration. This can lead to cost savings due to the direct connection to codecs/systems without the need for any additional components.
* Temperature Readout: The value of the internal temperature of the FCB E Version cameras can be read out via the VISCA? protocol. When checking the internal temperature of equipment (i.e., speed dome unit), it is possible to use this data to turn a fan or heater on/off inside the equipment as needed.
* Color Enhancement: Ideally suited for low vision applications, new color enhancement options can make reading text and pictures less challenging. Available options include monochrome, binary, inverted and enhanced color modes.
* Auto Wide-D Mode: When dealing with high or low contrast lighting situations in the previous FCB cameras, it was necessary to switch off the Wide-D function by sending a VISCA command each time. With the new SONY FCB-EX995E/995EP and Sony FCB-EX490E/490EP, the cameras monitor the luminance differences within an image and automatically switch on and off the Wide D feature according to the contrasted lighting environment. How is this done? An image is divided into 12 blocks. The luminance of each block is then averaged and the camera monitors the difference of all 12 blocks. When the luminance difference between the highest and lowest block area reaches a pre-selected level, the camera automatically turns on/off the Wide-D. This process takes less than one second. In addition, it is possible to select three levels of luminance differences (low/mid/high).
* White Balance: Outdoor Auto Mode: The FCB-E Version cameras are equipped with a new Outdoor Auto Mode feature. When shooting at dawn or dusk, images could appear bluish. The new E version cameras automatically adjust the white balance to reduce the dark tones at dawn or dusk.
* White Balance: Sodium Vapor Lamp Mode: When cameras are shooting under a sodium vapor lamp (typically a street lamp or tunnel lamp), the image could appear to have a yellowish tint. The new FCB E Version cameras are equipped with a new Sodium Vapor Lamp Mode that automatically compensates for the sodium vapor lamp degree of Kelvin to restore objects to their original color.
Sony FCB-EX15EP Camera SPECIFICATIONS:
* Image Device: 1/4-type EXview HAD CCD (PS)
* Effective Pixels: 380,000
* Digital Zoom: 12x (144x with optical zoom)
* Horizontal Viewing Angle: 53.6deg (wide end) to 4.6deg (tele end)
* Minimum Object Distance: 10 mm* (wide) ~ 800 mm (tele) *Default: 290 mm
* Sync System: Internal/External (V-lock)
* Electronic Shutter: 1/1 to 1/10,000 s, total 22 steps
* White Balance: Auto. ATW, Indoor, Outdoor, Outdoor Auto, Sodium Vapor Lamp (Fix/Auto), One-push, Manual
* Gain: Auto/Manual/Max. Gain Limit (-3 to +28 dB, +2 dB step/total 16 steps)
* Wide Dynamic Range: Yes
* Privacy Zone Masking: Spherical
* Character Generator: Yes (English/Chinese)
* Focus System: Auto (Sensitivity: normal, low), One-push AF, Manual, Infinity, Interval AF, Zoom Trigger AF, Focus compensation in ICR On
* Picture Effects: E-flip, Nega Art, Black & White, MirrorImage, Color Enhancement
* Exposure Control: Auto, Manual, Priority Mode (shutter priority & iris priority), Bright, EV Compensation, Slow AE
Sony FCB-EX15EP Camera VIDEO OUTPUT
* Lens Value: 12x optical zoom lens, f=3.7 mm (wide) to 44.4 mm (tele), F1.6to F2.5
* S/N Ratio: More than 50 dB
* Minimum Illumination: Approx. 1.0 lx (F1.6, 50 IRE)
* Video Output: Analog: VBS: 1.0 Vp-p (sync negative)
* Horizontal Resolution: 550 TV Lines
Sony FCB-EX15EP Camera INTERFACE
* Camera Control Interface: VISCA? protocol (CMOS 5 V) 9.6 Kbps, 19.2 Kbps, 38.4 Kbp; Stop bit, 1 bit
Sony FCB-EX15EP Camera GENERAL
* Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.8 x 46.9 x 71.8 mm
* Weight: Less than 150 g
* Operating Temperature: -5deg - 60deg
* Storage Temperature: -20deg - 60deg
* Power Consumption: 3.7 W (motors active) / 2.3 W (motors inactive)
* Power Requirements: 6.0 V ~12.0 V DC