Sony continues to improve FCB technology with the latest E series camera modules. The FCB-EX995E/P incorporates a number of upgrades and new features in order once again drive the standard for industrial camera block technology.
The Sony FCB-EX995EP is available in both PAL (FCB-EX995EP) and NTSC (FCB-EX995E) and adopts a number of new features designed for the digital age, including a new progressive scan -type EXview HAD CCD, high resolution (up to 550 TV line) and a digital output option, supporting the future demands of digital video infrastructure.
The camera module includes a newly designed 28x zoom lens and incorporates new StableZoom? technology, which combines image stabilisation with digital zoom in order to enhance the picture and maintain horizontal angle of view, resulting in a equivalent zoom ratio of 33x optical zoom. The new 28x lens is highly durable supporting an extremely fast zoom capability (2.5 seconds from tele end to wide end). Due to the 'bright' nature of the new lens, when combined with the Progressive Scan sensor, the SONY FCB-EX995EP/FCB-EX995E can operate at a minimum illumination of 0.65 lx (F1.35 measured at 50IRE). The picture quality at low light is further enhanced via the combined 2D/3D superior Enhanced Noise Reduction capability - with 5 levels - in. This together with an auto on/off Wide Dynamic Range, and auto ICR function makes the Sony FCB-EX995EP/FCB-EX995E particularly suitable for integration into challenging outdoor video surveillance monitoring applications.
In order to meet a wider range of applications, the Sony FCB-EX995EP/FCB-EX995E also comes equipped with evermore sophisticated additional specifications and features, including a wider operating temperature range, temperature readout, Colour Enhancement and Slow AE Response (beyond 10 minutes) as well as other features inherited from earlier FCB EX series cameras. These and other features make the Sony FCB-EX995EP/FCB-EX995E the definitive choice for security & monitoring systems, but also suitable for low vision systems, inspection and UAV applications among others.
The SONY FCB-EX995EP Camera Features:
* Excellent High Resolution Picture Quality
The Sony FCB-EX995EP/FCB-EX995E incorporates a 1/4 type EXview HAD Progressive Scan CCD sensor that offers improved sensitivity and colour reproduction. By combining a powerful DSP with this CCD, the camera achieves a high horizontal resolution of 550 TV lines, providing very clear and detailed images.
* Progressive Scan
Network or IP cameras typically utilise backend systems based on progressive scan. The Sony FCB-EX995EP/FCB-EX995E is able to process images directly in progressive scan mode in order to provide smooth consistent picture quality avoiding conversion from interlaced scan.
* Digital Output
The camera is equipped with a digital interface (Y/Cb/Cr 4:2:2) which is comparable to ITU-R BT656. The video output is therefore free from signal deterioration. Furthermore no external analogue/digital converter is required between the camera and other equipment, bringing down the overall integration cost.
* Enhanced Noise Reduction
By combining 2D and 3D noise reduction, the camera offers a wide selection of noise-reduction settings, from Level 1 to Level 5. This lets you choose the best level according to environmental conditions.
* Wide Dynamic Range with New Technology
* Auto Mode
In Auto mode, the Wide Dynamic Range function is automatically turned on and off, depending on the visibility of the subjects and background.
* Interlace Wide-D and Progressive Wide-D Modes
There are two modes of Wide D -- Interlace mode which provides better performance with moving subjects, and Progressive mode which provides clearer images of still subjects.
* Image Stabilisation
In StableZoom? mode, image stabilization starts naturally without bringing an abrupt change to the horizontal angle of view. With StableZoom? activated, an equivalent of 33x optical zoom is possible.
* Compact and Lightweight Design
With a compact and lightweight design (approx. 238g/8.4 oz), the camera can be integrated into a variety of space-restricted environments. The dimensions of the Sony FCB-EX995EP/FCB-EX995E are the same as previous 26x FCB models allowing for easy upgrade to existing systems.
* Slow AE Response Function
The camera's Auto Exposure speed for adapting to changes in lighting conditions can be set as slow as required, even as slow as 10 minutes. The speed of adaptation can be slowed down in order to suit some conditions. For example, such as an underground car park where without a change in AE response, the camera could miss some important images when car headlights appear in the scene causing an abrupt change in lighting conditions.
* Auto IR-cut Filter Removal (Auto ICR)
* Advanced Spherical Privacy Zone Masking
* Electronic Flip (E-Flip)
* Multi-line On-screen Display
* Video Motion Detection
* Picture Freeze
* SMART (Sony Modular Automatic Lens Reset Technology)
* Gain Limit Setting
* Zoom Limit Setting
* Zoom Speed-up in Zoom Direct Mode (Focus Trace On/Off)
* Focus Compensation in ICR Mode
* Alarm Signal Output in Auto ICR Mode
* Image Stabilization Hold
SONY FCB-EX995EP Camera Technical Specifications:
* Image sensor: 1/4-type EXview HAD CCD (Progressive Scan)
* Signal system: FCB-EX995EP PAL / FCB-EX995E NTSC
* Horizontal resolution: 550 TV lines
* Number of total pixels: PAL- Approx. 440,000 pixels / NTSC - Approx. 380,000 pixels
* Lens: 28x optical zoom, f=3.5 mm (wide) to 98.0 mm (tele), F1.35 to F3.7
* Digital zoom: 12x (336x with optical zoom)
* Angle of view (H): 55.8¡ã (wide) to 2.1¡ã (tele)*
* Minimum object distance: 10 mm (wide) to 1500 mm (tele), Default: 300mm
* Sync system: Internal / External (V-lock)
* Minimum illumination: 0.65 lx (F1.35, 50IRE)
* S/N ratio: More than 50 dB
* Electronic shutter: 1/1 to 1/10,000 s, 22 steps
* White balance: Auto, ATW, Indoor, Outdoor, Outdoor Auto, Sodium Vapor Lamp (fix/auto), One-push, Manual
* Gain: Auto, Manual, Priority Mode, Bright, EV compensation, Backlight compensation, Slow AE
* EV compensation: Yes
* Backlight compensation: Yes
* Privacy zone masking: On / Off (24 positions, 8 positions per screen, 14 colours & mosaic)
* Camera operation switch: Yes (Zoom Tele, Zoom Wide)
* Focusing system: Auto (Sensitivity: normal, low), One-push AF, Manual, Infinity, Interval AF, Zoom trigger AF, Focus Compensation in ICR On mode
* Picture effects: E-Flip, Nega Art, Black & White, Mirror Image, Colour Enhancement
* Video output: Analogue: VBS: 1.0 Vp-p (sync negative), Y/C Digital: Y/Cb/Cr 4 :2 :2 (comparable to ITU-R BT656)
* Camera control interface: VISCA (TTL signal level), baud rate: 9.6 Kb/s, 19.2 Kb/s, 38.4 Kb/s. Stop bit: 1/2 selectable
* Storage temperature: -20 to 60 ¡ãC
* Operating temperature: -5 ¡ãC to +60 ¡ãC
* Power requirements: 6 to 12 V DC
* Power consumption: 2.6 W (motors inactive), 5.0 W (motors active)
* Mass: Approx. 238g (8.4 oz)
* Dimensions (WxHxD): 50.0 x 57.5 x 89.8 mm
* Wide-D Auto mode: Yes
* Wide-D IS/PS mode: Yes
* Image Stabilisation: Yes
* StableZoom: Yes (33x)
* Digital output: Yes
* Enhanced Noise Reduction: Yes
* Auto ICR: Yes
* Spherical Privacy Zone Masking: Yes
* Motion Detection: Yes
* Alarm: Yes
* Slow AE response: Yes (Longer than 10 minutes)
* Picture freeze: Yes
* Slow shutter: Yes
* Temperature readout: Yes
* Title display: Yes (20 characters/line, max. 11 lines)
* Camera mode display: Yes (English*/Chinese) *default
* Key switch control: Yes
* Multi-line OSD: Yes
* E-flip: Yes
* Flicker Cancel: Yes (NTSC)