The BRC-Z330 employs two 1/3-type ClearVid CMOS images sensors and is both HD and SD capable. The BRC-Z330 is ideal for a variety of remote video shooting applications, such as in houses of worship, auditoriums, teaching hospitals, corporate boardrooms, and at sporting events, trade shows, and concerts.
* Affordable HD CMOS P/T/Z Camera Sony introduces the BRC-Z330 to its BRC Series. Equipped with a 1/3-type 2-megapixel CMOS image sensor, this camera provides supreme picture performance to accommodate today's growing demand for full HD images. The camera's wide pan/tilt ranges and smooth pan/tilt/zoom capability makes it perfect for deployment in locations such as houses of worship and auditoriums, and at education facilities, conferences, and concerts.
* Compact Size and Silent Mechanism
The BRC-Z330 is the smallest model in Sony's BRC Series. Its compact and light body makes installation and operation very smooth. Moreover, thanks to the adoption of a direct-drive pan/tilt mechanism, it has a quiet operation that minimizes interference with ongoing events and helps it blend in naturally with surrounding environments. Above all, this camera also incorporates a relatively low power consuming CMOS image sensor.
* 18x Optical Zoom (72x With Digital Zoom)
By incorporating an 18x optical zoom lens, the BRC-Z330 enables users to zoom in on small or distant objects with a high degree of accuracy. The use of a 4x digital zoom in combination with this optical zoom greatly improves the camera's zooming capability - enabling you to capture accurate physical movements and natural facial expressions of people located far away.
* 1080i, 720p, and SD Output
The BRC-Z330 simultaneously delivers stunning HD images (1080i or 720p) and SD images. This dual-output capability allows the camera to be integrated into both HD and SD systems, which is good for users who are aiming to migrate into a complete HD system.
* Excellent Picture Quality
The BRC-Z330 employs two 1/3-type CMOS image sensors. This camera incorporates a newly developed DSP to make effective use of the ClearVid CMOS Sensors, which have been developed using Sony advanced semiconductor technologies. One of the advantages of the CMOS sensor is that vertical smear is minimized. The combination of the new DSP and the ClearVid CMOS Sensors allows the camera to achieve both higher resolution and higher sensitivity compared to cameras equipped with conventional CMOS sensors. Furthermore, the camera's "color masking" function allows users to adjust specific colours in the image more precisely, while the "colour detail" function allows users to smooth over skin tones.
* Flexible Installation - Ceiling Mount or Flat Surface
Because the BRC-Z330 has an "Image Flip" function, the unit can either be mounted on a ceiling using the supplied ceiling mount kit or placed on a flat surface to meet the user's installation and space requirements.
* Easy-to-use and Ergonomically Designed Remote Control Unit
All camera settings, including the Pan/Tilt/Zoom functions and sixteen-preset patterns, can be controlled from the optional RM-BR300 Remote Control Unit. The ergonomic joystick design and feature-rich control panel provide superb operability in various remote-shooting applications.
* High Performance Pan/Tilt/Zoom Mechanism
The BRC-Z330 covers a wide shooting range with its highly accurate Pan/Tilt mechanism. It has a very wide pan range of 350 degrees and a tilt range of 120 degrees. Both pan and tilt speeds are variable within the range of 0.22 to 60 degrees per second. What's more, the BRC-Z330 has an extremely quiet motor that is capable of very precise movements. It is capable of capturing not only fast-moving objects, but also slow-moving objects without rocking vibration. For capturing small or distant objects, the BRC-Z330 incorporates a 18 x optical auto-focus zoom lens.
* Signal systems: 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 720/59.94P, 720/50P
* Sync systems: Internal/External
* Image device: 1/3-type CMOS image sensor
* Effective picture elements: Approx. 2 Megapixels
* Lens: 18x optical zoom (72x with digital zoom)
* Focal length: f=4.6 to 82.8 mm (F1.6 to F2.2)
* Minimum object distance: 100 mm (Wide, Limiter Off), 500 mm (Wide, Limiter On), 1,500 mm (Tele)
* Horizontal viewing angle: 3.3 to 55.1 degrees
* Focusing system: Auto/Manual
* Pan/Tilt angle: -175 to +175 degrees (Pan), -30 to +90 degrees (Tilt)
* Pan/Tilt speed: 0.25 to 60 degrees/s (Pan/Tilt)
* Minimum illumination: 6 lx (50 IRE, F1.6, +24 dB)
* Video S/N ratio: 50 dB
* Shutter speed: 1/10,000 to 1/60 s or 1/10,000 to 1/50 s
* Gain: Auto/Manual (-3 to 24 dB and Hyper Gain
* White balance: Auto1/Auto2/Indoor/Outdoor/One-push/Manual
* Image flip: On/Off
* Preset positions: 16 positions
* HD video output
* D-Sub 15 pin: Component (Y/Pb/Pr) or RGB, HD, VD or SYNC
* SD video output: Composite, Y/C
* External sync input: BNC
* Camera control: Mini DIN 8 pin: RS-232C (VISCA IN), Mini DIN 8 pin: RS-232C (VISCA OUT), Connector plug 9 pin: RS-422 (VISCA IN/OUT)
* Operating temperature: 0 to 40 degrees (32 to 104)
* Storage temperature: -20 to 60 degrees (-4 to 140)
* Power requirements: DC 10.8 to 13.2 V
* Power consumption: Max 18 W (without optional cards)
* Dimensions (W x H x D): 160.8 x 193.4 x 186 mm (6 3/8 x 7 5/8 x 7 3/8 inches)
* Mass: 1.9 kg (4 oz)